JACKSON, OHIO (timesjournal.com) - The Southeast Ohio Foodbank is joining the Feeding America® nationwide network of food banks in challenging the public to make a pledge to volunteer to help fight hunger in 2017. Individuals who commit to volunteering will help the 1 in 6 people in the Jackson County community who may not always have access to nutrient-rich food needed to thrive.
“The Southeast Ohio Foodbank relies heavily on our thoughtful volunteers who help us carry out our vision of a hunger-free America. Volunteers help us serve the thousands of families, children and seniors that turn to us each year without the help of volunteers,” said Asti Payne, Development and Community Relations Coordinator at the Southeast Ohio Foodbank.
Volunteer activities can range from packing, sorting and distributing food; helping to staff an event; or providing hunger-relief organizations with access to specialized skills, such as carpentry, marketing or technology. To join others in Jackson County who have made a commitment to make a difference in 2017;
• Visit feedingamerica.org/Pledge and make the pledge to volunteer to help people facing hunger.
• Enter your zip code to learn more about the Southeast Ohio Foodbank and how hunger affects your community.
• Contact the Southeast Ohio Foodbank and participate in a volunteer session with your family and friends.
• Share your experience and the impact of your work on social media with #FeedingAmerica and @SeOhioFoodbank on Facebook to challenge others to also make the pledge.
• Already a volunteer? Take the pledge again this year to continue the fight to end hunger.
We truly appreciate and rely on the community support we receive. Our volunteers make a large impact in our effort to fight hunger and we are always accepting new volunteers for our various programs and activities. If you would like to join in our efforts as a volunteer please contact Mallory Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (740)385-6813 ext. 2207
By pledging to volunteer to fight hunger in your community, the Southeast Ohio Foodbank and the Feeding America network of food banks, food pantries and meal programs can carry out its mission for a hunger-free America.
Copyright 2017 timesjournal.com
Updated 42 days ago Article ID# 3994638