<< Visit Website
Categories: Overseas Aid, [ View All ]
Youth Association for Culture and Development Charity Profile
Youth Association for Culture and Development ,Is an international, non-governmental, non profit-making, non-political, non-sectarian youth association, , which is targeted to develop youth, to promote peace, tolerance and solidarity ,through helping young people to acquire knowledge, skills and competencies .
YACD are addressing major issues youth development and empowerment by organizing seminars, conferences, workshops, summits, expert group meetings ,lectures, and youth oriented programmes in an effort to better the lots of the youth in our part of the world.
Offers young people world wide an experience based on international learning programme, the emphasis of this experience is on promoting international voluntary service as meaningful alternative to addressing social and educational needs of to day's youth.
It also aims to heighten young people's sensitivity towards social and cultural differences, their self confidence and problem solving abilities.
Its membership is open to everyone over the age of eighteen, Irrespective of nationality, religion, race, political View, or educational qualification.
Any body is welcome to participate in the YACD programmes no prior experience is required of participants. Just energy, enthusiasm and motivation to face the challenge of being confronted with something new. As well as to learn more about themselves and the world they live in.
Youth Association for Culture and Development Volunteer Information
We are looking for really motivated volunteers:
• Who will be open-minded and ready to get involved in a variety of activities aiming to support children in difficult situation.
• Interest in Child Care.
• A commitment to learning and a willingness to encourage others to participate in activities.
• Fluent in English or French.
• Strong inter-personal skills and experience in working with a wide variety of people; cultural sensitivity, and ability to work on sensitive topics.
• Ready to share the lifestyle of local people (simple accommodation, transport by bus or bicycle, local food).
• High motivation and to be ready to face language and cultural differences.
The center requires volunteers with counseling and teaching skills; preferably teachers in English or French and teachers for early childhood education and nursery schooling. However, we have an open policy and applicants with other ideas to share are also welcome to apply and will be considered. Volunteers need to contribute/initiate ideas and by that would be promoting the growth of the center. This is an opportunity for the volunteers to work at a community/grassroot level in capacity building and training in self-sustainability.